CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

JOY

 A couple of weeks ago someone asked me how can Ken and you experience any type of joy? You just lost you son. This statement made me think some unkind thoughts and since then I have been dwelling on that statement. Why not? Why are we not allowed to experience joy?

 Blessed Teresa of Calcutta said this about joy, "Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love."

 Contemplating on this quote lead me to realize that I find joy every day. I have joy because there is love. There is joy in knowing that Our Lord is good and loving all the time even in the midst of sorrow and saddness. That He had the perfect plan for Adam as well as for our family. Joy that Adam is free of hurt, sorrows and struggles of this world. There is joy in my son, Ross, his laughter brightens my day. Joy in hearing him telling others about his baby brother, in hearing Adam's name in that tone of voice filled with love and pride. I find joy in my husband in his love for his family and for me. I see joy in our embrace after yet another day without being able to hold our baby boy. Joy surrounds me. Should I be ashamed that through all the toils of this life that I see joy around every corner? No. I take comfort in it. I want to breathe it in and exhale joy.

What is life without Joy? How horrible it would be if we could not see God's love and joy for us. Joy comes from peace and though all of this I have been at peace. We both have. Every moment of Adam's life has been surrounded by peace and knowing that God's plan is perfect. Trusting in His will.

 "Christ is risen and life is freed, Christ is risen and the tomb is emptied of the dead: for Christ, being risen from the dead, has become the Leader and Reviver of those who had fallen asleep."
 St. John Chrysostom.

The Good News fills my heart and soul with overflowing JOY.  Rejoyce and be glad yours is the kingdom of God. Adam is where he needs to be with Our Lord. I can not wait to enter into that kingdom and praise and thank God for ALL He has done in my life. For all the JOY.

 "It is better for us to reach eternal bliss after a few difficulties that to go down into the depths of hell after brief joy." St. Caesarius of Arles.

To have true joy that is life giving is to remember why we are here on this Earth to remember that it is only through Christ that we have eternal life and to know His love. I have joy do you?

Love, Joy and Many Blessings,
Anna

0 comments :

Post a Comment